1. Host an Usborne Books Online Party!
Usborne is quickly becoming one of the most trusted names in homeschool books. To see a list of homeschool titles, click here. As an Usborne Consultant, I can provide your with the opportunity to receive FREE books by hosting an e-show. It is easy and a lot of fun.
2. Become an Usborne Consultant Yourself
Why not make an extra $400-$800+ a month while earning free books for your kids? Work around your schedule - it only takes about 8 hours a week to make a great part time income. there has never been a better time to join Usborne! Learn more about joining my team here.
3. Network with other homeschooling families and trade curriculum
Trading curriculum is probably the oldest method for homeschooling on a budget. If you don't know many other homeschooling families, try one of these ideas:
- Join your local homeschool support group. Do a search online for a group in your area.
- Find other homeschool families online. There are several homeschool networking groups online where you can meet other families that are eager to swap curriculum with you.
- Check out one of the many websites devoted to curriculum swapping. A simple google search should give you a good start.
4. Visit your local used bookstore
We have several used bookstores here in Texas that sell homeschool books and curricula. You can also sell your used materials for cash or store credit. This a a great resource to get free or discounted curriculum by selling your old materials. You can potentially trade out your books every year depending on how much of a selection your local used bookstore has. You can also check out used bookstores online if you are searching for specific titles.
5. Borrow resources from your library
Your local library probably has a lot of resources for homeschooling your child. Most public libraries also have an Interlibrary Loan program that will allow you to request materials from other libraries across the country and have them shipped to your library for pick up.
I hope that this article gives you a few good ideas on homeschooling on a budget. Feel free to contact me anytime to find out more about how to get award winning free homeschool books of your choice or to learn how to get loads of free books by joining my team.